Today, we came across Kwarter, a new iPhone and iPad app, that’s soon to launch to the public, and we are pretty stoked about it. The app sets to reinvent the live television sports experience by giving fans a platform to engage with friends, family and other like minded fans during their favorite team’s game.
Here are some of Kwarter’s highlights:
- If none of your friends are online while watching the event they suggest to friends to engage with.
- A live agenda of your favorite teams and leagues is available for you to browse, allowing easy check-ins and reminders for the games you don’t want to miss.
- One of the interesting aspects of Kwarter is that when you check-in to a game you have the option of which team to root for and who you want to sit by. The application will also notify your friends and invited to sit with you.
- You can choose to sit in a public game section to meet other fans or you can create your own private section and invite who you’d like.
- Once you’ve found your section, Kwarter creates a platform for you to share your emotions, pictures, comments and favorite sports memories with all those “sitting” by you. Want to share something on Facebook or Twitter? There’s a button to send it directly to your feeds.
Tweeting during sporting events has become so common that the tweets per second record was broken during the Women’s World Cup. Rather than tweets that get lost, Kwarter allows a structured platform that allows fans to participate on a more personal level. You can chat one on one with other fans, and can easily tweet or Facebook what you’re doing at the touch of a button.
Watching the game from home will never quite be the same as being there, but Kwarter has added features to make your couch feel like a stadium seat. Any moment during the game trophies will be thrown to your section for you to grab and hoist in front of your virtual friends. The trophies can also be redeemed for tickets, awesome fan gear, and special future deals. “Why not get paid for your fan support!?”
Want to see what the experience is like? Watch this video.
According to their website, Kwarter is located in the SOMA District in San Francisco, the heart of the new Silicon Valley. From the looks of it, they have some sweet offices in a space for startups called Rocket Space. Check it out below.
For more information on Kwarter, be sure to visit their website, “Like” them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter, and read their company blog for the latest product updates! If anybody from Kwarter reads this, we would love to know the origin of the name! Is it a play on the word “quarter”?